First Post

>> Thursday, February 09, 2006

It is nice to know that there is absolutely no one reading this, but just in case our experiences can be helpful to future Peace Corps hopefuls, we want to share what we have and will learn about the process. We have both finished our applications, but I still haven't submitted it because I have one more meeting with one of the career counselors at Truman to go over the essays and make sure they don't suck.

Holly submitted hers already and found out that the Peace Corps doesn't look at either application until they are both submitted, so I need to submit mine soon. We also learned that there is a new rule that isn't on the Peace Corps website or application that couples must be married 6 months before departure, which slightly changes our marriage plans :).

We will keep posting when we know more... our interviews will be on campus at the end of the month, and we might be able to do both the individual and couple interviews the same day. The recruiter that is coming to campus seems really cool and really nice, so that is definitely a relief. I am sure that all of the stuff I forgot will be posted quickly by Holly. Maybe we can start posting some of the advice we are getting from RPCVs about what to do/what to take.

1 comments:

Anonymous 6:50 PM, May 09, 2008  

I'm considering joining the Peace Corp, I found your blog to be quite helpful and informative. I feel a little better, seeing as how I'm heading into this blind, not really know what to expect.

You are appreciated. :)

THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP