News!

>> Friday, February 23, 2007

Just one day after complaining about my impatience, I was rewarded with news from our placement officer! She called and said that she's been reviewing our files and sent our information along to the "post" (which I think is the staff in-country); each post has to approve each individual couple, and they asked her for more information about my teaching experience. She said that they wanted more information about the hours per week and months per year that I taught during my experiences like JBA and my ESL practicum. She also said that we're still nominated for teaching positions in Central or South America and that she hopes to have an invitation to us by early next week! She said our program leaves the last week of April.

I e-mailed her the information ASAP and was also able to tell her about my substitute teaching and homebound teaching since I did that long after I filled out my skills addenda. She responded to say that she'd send along that information; she didn't think the overseas staff would get it until Monday, but said she'd get back to us ASAP. She also said, "This is a GREAT post and a GREAT project, so feel good about your future invitations and we'll be speaking shortly!" That definitely makes me feel GREAT!

I'm a little confused about why she wanted the extra information--she didn't need anything from Paul and she specifically said she didn't need any more information about my tutoring experiences. She didn't make it sound like my invitation was at stake based on my teaching experience or anything like that, so I'm not really worried. Now even though I don't have to be worried about if we're going to get invitations, I'm even more excited to actually get them!

0 comments:

THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP