My new family

>> Sunday, May 06, 2007

We finally left the hotel in Managua and made it to our host sites. I´m in a pretty big city and so far the only thing that´s been difficult has been the language. My family is really cool and my host niece is really cool and helps me learn a little bit faster. So far I´ve only had one class (I start for real tomorrow) so not too much can be expected. My teacher is great and I think (I hope) I´ll be ok within a couple of weeks.

My bedroom is right up against the street, but it´s really not that loud. Besides, I´ve been so exhausted straining to communicate that I´ve been exhausted. One thing that surprises me a little bit is that American pop culture is everywhere. The TV channels are about 50% English and there are just little signs all over the place. I really like it here... Holly is about 20 minutes away by bus (so I´ve heard) but we haven´t seen each other yet. She´s farther out in the countryside and her town is a lot smaller so it will be really cool that we get both perspectives. I just talked to her on the phone and it sounds like her family is really great, too.

All right... I only have 6 minutes left at the cyber. Hasta luego.

0 comments:

THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP