Pictures from Home

>> Saturday, June 23, 2007

Paul has posted plenty of pictures of where he now calls home, and I figured it's high time I do the same.

First, this is the view of my house from the street. Before this picture was taken, there were flowers covering the whole front of the patio. When I saw them cutting down the flowers, I decided I had better take my picture quickly before they were all gone. Now it's a lot hotter on the patio because there's not as much shade (but it's still the coolest place in the house to be) and it's not as fun because I used to be able to watch people walking down the street through the flowers... I could see them, but they couldn't see me. Now that I write that, it seems sort of creepy, so perhaps it's for the best that the flowers are gone. The picture looks pretty messy because there's all the brush around; usually it's really neat and tidy.
Here's a better picture of the porch where we have Spanish class and where I like to sit to cool off.
Here's a picture looking into my host mom's pulperia. It's just a little room off of the patio, and so whenever someone comes to buy something they just yell ¨¡Buenas!¨ and my host mom comes outside to help them.
Here is my bedroom. It's small and simple, but very nice and cozy. I have my bed with my mosquitero on it, a desk, and a nice dresser with drawers, a mirror, and a place to hang my clothes.
Finally, here's the living room looking from the kitchen in the back of the house toward the porch. My room is on the left side, but you can't see the door in the picture. Bonus in the picture is Guido the cat.

2 comments:

Keith Schnakenberg 8:14 PM, June 23, 2007  

Pretty nice pad. I'm pretending to have just seen it even though I have been watching you through the flowers.

Hunter says hello.

Anonymous 9:32 PM, June 24, 2007  

It looks very homey and cozy. Glad you posted pictures. It's too bad they cut down your flowers!I'm glad you are using your mosquito net.
Love you lots!
Mom

THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP