Nicaragua: It's Official!

>> Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Country: Nicaragua
Program: Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Nica 44
Job Title: TEFL Teacher Trainer
Dates of Service: July 13, 2007 - July 13, 2009
Orientation Dates: April 30 - May 2, 2007
Pre-Service Training (near Masaya, Nicaragua): May 2 - July 13, 2007

The day finally arrived as I saw the Fed Ex envelope sitting on our doorstep when I got home this afternoon. After having to sit on my hands in anticipation of Paul getting home so we could open the packet together, we were really happy to see "Nicaragua" on our assignment sheet. It was a little less exciting since we've been pretty sure we were heading to Nicaragua since not long after we were nominated, but we certainly weren't disappointed after focusing on Nicaragua for so long.

I'm a little bit confused about why it says our job title is TEFL Teacher Trainer since our PO said we weren't accepted for that program and would be doing Secondary Ed English Teaching instead, but I suspect that they just have one assignment sheet for all TEFL assignments. Either way, we'll be calling tomorrow to confirm and accept the invitation!

3 comments:

dlcurren 6:50 AM, March 10, 2007  

Excellent! I'm so jealous. What a great adventure.

Anonymous 9:55 PM, March 19, 2007  

Greetings,
I am a parent of a Peace Corps volunteer and I just returned from visiting him in Nicaragua. What a wonderful country. You will both be pleased with your assignment, I'm sure. It is a very tight group and you will receive lots of support. My son is just completing his seventh month and has enjoyed the total experience. Good luck to you both,
Irene

Anonymous 2:23 PM, March 30, 2007  

Well congratulations... My husband and I are waiting to get our final invitation. I was just on toolkit today and I had to change my password... I was hoping there would be an update on our account..but alas nothing has shown... so i started googling questions concerning peace corps people... and i came upon your blog.... I have read some of your entries and with it being so close to that final invitation that i could find someone else going through some of the emotions and frustrations that we are going through...i am so happy for both of you... and i know that soon we will recieve that final letter...
-Krystal

THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE OURS PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS.

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP